- The F.B. Heron Foundation Heron’s mission is to help people and communities help themselves out of poverty. The foundation works with a diverse set of investment strategies focused on fostering economic innovations and practices that lead to long-term economic opportunity and prosperity for all.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) provides a platform for investors to take part in the impact investing industry. GIIN Members gain access to industry information, tools, and resources to enhance their capacity to make and manage impact investments and connect with one another.
ImpactAlpha is redefining business media around social and environmental value, just as impact investing is redefining finance. ImpactAlpha is an instrument for the growing number of people who believe our most pressing social and environmental challenges represent the biggest business opportunities of the 21 century.
MaRS Centre for Impact Investing A leading force in growing the impact investment market in Canada. It creates innovative ways for investors to fund social enterprises and charities with investments that create both a financial return for them and a dividend for society.
Mission Investors Exchange is the leading network of foundations engaged in impact investing. Our 200 members comprise a vibrant community committed to tackling the world’s most intractable social and environmental issues, from climate change and global health to education and quality jobs.
Social Capital Markets (SOCAP) is a network of investors, entrepreneurs, and social impact leaders addressing the world’s toughest challenges through market-based solutions. SOCAP’s flagship event each fall in San Francisco is the leading gathering for impact investors and social entrepreneurs. SOCAP 365 is an ongoing event series serving the rapidly growing network of impact investors, social entrepreneurs, conscious corporations, philanthropists, government agencies, and innovators in every sector. The SOCAP Blog is another great resource.
The SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible, Impact Investing (formerly SRI in the Rockies) is the premier annual gathering of investors and investment professionals working to make money and direct the flow of investment capital toward a truly sustainable future.
For Start-Up Entrepreneurs
- ImpactPHL Ventures is a $15 million collaborative to grow early stage technology companies, focused on social, environmental, and health-focused impact, in Greater Philadelphia. ImpactPHL Ventures’ unique model unites existing impact investors with other seasoned investors that are now incorporating social outcomes into their investment performance criteria.
Good Company Ventures has developed a rigorous curriculum and proven process for refining their raw passion and insight into scalable enterprises that deliver practical impact.
Investors Circle is the world’s largest and most active early-stage impact investing network and its most active chapter is right here in Philadelphia!
Social Innovations Partners provides passionate social sector leaders with the knowledge, tools, and support framework to launch, pursue, and achieve their ideas.
B Corps — B Corp is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or USDA Organic certification is to milk. B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Conscious Capitalism - Whole Foods Market cofounder John Mackey and professor and Conscious Capitalism, Inc. cofounder Raj Sisodia argue that both business and capitalism are inherently good, and they use some of today’s best-known and most successful companies to illustrate their point. Read this book and you’ll better understand how four specific tenets—higher purpose, stakeholder integration, conscious leadership, and conscious culture and management—can help build strong businesses, move capitalism closer to its highest potential, and foster a more positive environment for all of us.
The Directory of businesses in the Sustainable Business Network — The Sustainable Business Network is a community of local businesses committed to building a just, thriving, and sustainable economy in the Greater Philadelphia region.
Greenworks is a program of the City’s Office of Sustainability. Building on local sustainability achievements over the last eight years, the Office of Sustainability updated Greenworks in November 2016.
For Business Leaders
- The ImpactPHL Award is presented by the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia to a regional organization actively creating a positive impact on the community, their workforce and the environment.
- B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. B Lab is building a global community of Certified B Corporations who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.
Net Impact Philadelphia cultivates a network of socially-minded individuals and businesses in the greater Philadelphia Region to create transformational change within our workplace, community, and the world.
The Roadmap for Growth is a multi-year initiative of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce to engage Mayor Jim Kenney and City Council in a shared agenda to promote economic growth and job creation in the City of Philadelphia.
The Sustainable Business Network is a community of local businesses committed to building a just, thriving, and sustainable economy in the Greater Philadelphia region.
The SustainPHL Awards helps raise sustainability awareness, celebrate our community’s achievements, and share easy ways live a sustainable lifestyle.
Wharton Social Impact Initiative is growing the talent pipeline for social impact business leaders through experiential learning, training opportunities, and thought leadership.
- Generocity is a local social impact news and events group with a mission of building better communities through smarter impact. The focus of our reporting and convening is on how nonprofit, social enterprise and other mission groups can maximize their impact.
- GRID Magazine is a change agent in the form of a monthly magazine reflecting the best of the Philadelphia region: our social entrepreneurs, food innovators and wellness advocates; our makers and doers, artists and activists.
- Green Philly Blog helps you live a more sustainable lifestyle and makes sustainability accessible for all Philadelphians. Green Philly is a community-focused resource that educates and empowers its readers.
- The Philadelphia Citizen is a member-supported, nonprofit, nonpartisan digital news organization with an emphasis on covering civic solutions and stimulating action to move the city forward.